The club’s 2013 Annual General Meeting was held in Broughty Ferry on 11th May. Full minutes of the meeting will be posted in due course, but the main points may be summarised as follows:
- Training fees will remain fixed at £4 for adults for the coming season. Concession of £2.50 for those who require them will also remain, as will the system of receiving one free session if five are paid for in advance.
- Fees for Scottish League will continue to be charged over and above training fees in order to cover hall costs. These will remain priced at £15 per half season (£10 for concessions). Occasional players will have the option of paying £5 per game instead.
- Beyond the Scottish League, tournament fees will be split between those players that compete in that competition.
- In order to provide clarity it was decided to implement a policy for the reimbursement of petrol money to those driving others to games. Members will now be asked to pay their driver £6 for games in Glasgow, £5 for Edinburgh and £3 for St Andrews. Amounts for other destinations will be decided as and when needed.
- It is hoped that sponsorship for a second team kit can be sourced, which will allow those without their own kit to purchase a strip. Our current strip is no longer in production.
- Our present membership numbers suggest that we will enter only one team into the Scottish Korfball League next season. However, this may be re-examined depending on recruitment and retention of further players, and also depending on the structure of the league next season, which is currently under review.
- Dundee Day will take place on Dawson Park’s astroturf on Sunday 26th May. Volunteers (both players and non-players) to help with this event would be most welcome, and a full list of tasks needing done will be circulated shortly.
COMMITTEE FOR 2013-2014
Chair: Nigel Cooper
Vice-Chair: Michael Nicholson
Captain: Steven Morrison
Secretary: Mary Cooper
Treasurer: Alan Morrison
Development Officer: Erwin Oosterhoorn
Social Secretary: Chris Moffat
Child Protection Officer: Caroline Cohen
Publicity Officer: Ross Thomson
In addition, it was agreed to form a Publicity sub-committee to co-ordinate spreading the word about the club in Dundee. This comprises Ross Thomson, Michael Nicholson, Chris Moffat and Fiona Iannetta. Further members would be most welcome.
The following awards were distributed:
Best Team Player: Paul Grocott
Most Improved Player: Nicki Finnigan
Contribution On and Off the Court: Alan Morrison; Terri Lloyd
In addition, Graham Robertson of Glasgow Korfball Club was recognised as a “Friend of Dundee Korfball Club” for the significant support he as provided the club in its founding years.